Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Nesbitt's Strawberry
12 fl. oz.
glass bottle
North American Beverages, Waco, TX
cold, no ice

Nesbitt's Strawberry is the color of red Kool-Aid, which even at this early stage of the Summer, Kate and I have both learned to fear. Bright colors like this are a warning sign, a harbinger of undrinkable sodas aimed at children, prisoners, and other captive populations.

So Kate bailed. But I think she missed a good one; Nesbitt's Strawberry surprised me. It tastes like liquified Jolly Rancher. Though the strawberry flavor has very little in common with the actual plant, it is not cloying or perfumey. It's actually pleasant. There's no aftertaste to speak of, and only the slightly heavy carbonation would keep one from chugging it.

Final verdict: Really much better than I expected. I liked this, and I'd drink it again.

KP: conscientious objector
MG: 6.5 of 10

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you guys tried Nesbitt's Lime? I think it would be worth it, just to say you drank the soda for which Negativland wrote a song.

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home