Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Virgil's Black Cherry Cream Soda
12 fl. oz.
glass bottle
REED'S, LLC, Los Angeles, CA
cold, no ice

I just want to say that the outset that Kate and I are not in the pay of Virgil (whoever he is). His sodas are just really, really tasty.

To me, Virgil's Black Cherry Cream soda smells like Baskin-Robbins Cherry vanilla ice cream; to Kate, it smells like Dr. Pepper. But the real attraction here is, of course, the taste, which is mostly cherry, some vanilla. The cherry taste makes this a little less complicated tasting than the straight Cream (which I think I prefer). But it's a nice cherry taste, not a harsh one. Bad cherry soda reminds me of Sucrets. This is a million miles away from that. Kate said, "I've never drank anything like this, but I'm still enjoying it." I enjoyed it, too.

Final verdict: An excellent beverage, and proof that "cherry" doesn't need to mean "synthetic, mouth-staining, and most likely cancer-causing." Will they bring out a mini-keg? Two inquiring minds want to know.

KP: 8 of 10
MG: 8 of 10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home