Thursday, July 13, 2006

Sprecher's Root Beer
16 fl. oz.
glass bottle
Sprecher's Brewery, Milwaukee, WI
cold, no ice

One thing you have to give Sprecher's: they give you a LOT of soda for the money. They come in 16 oz bottles, whereas most sodas are only twelve. That wouldn't be a good thing if the soda inside were crappy, but thankfully it's not.

I've been a fan of Sprecher's root beer for a long time; as I've said at other times during our Summer of Soda, it's my benchmark. Tasting it again, I'm happy to say it's as good as I remember. It's exceptionally smooth, has a predominantly vanilla flavor with tinges of honey, and it has a pleasing color and head. Kate calls it "excellent," but gives it a one point deduction for the use of high fructose corn syrup. I concur.

Final verdict: An excellent root beer, about as good as we can imagine--without the unique mojo of cane sugar, that is...

KP: 9 of 10
MG: 9 of 10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home